View Single Post
Old 06-24-2004, 05:43 PM   #5
Russ-Bett

Default Re:Major Frame Problem

Thanks for the replies on my frame problem. I've looked further at the problem. Seems it may be a fault of the swing tongue. The gap between the swing tongue and frame on the right side is about 3/32nd thick and consistent in distance from the top to the bottom of the gap, making the frame and swing tongue in the same plane.

The gap on the left side is about 1/8 inch at the top and about 1/2 inch at the bottom. In this case, the frame and the swing tongue are not in the same plane. There is a noticable difference between how the right side of the swing tongue meshes with the frame and how the left side of the swing tongue meshes with the frame.

It appears to me that given the above, the right side of the swing tongue and frame are bearing the weight causing the stress and damage mentioned in my first post.

I have sent pictures and this possible explanation to Ed Lytle at Trail Manor. I'm waiting for their response.

Bill - thanks for the advice on the chain links. I'll make sure that they are not pinched.