View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 02:43 PM   #7
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
When making an adjustment, does all the latches need to be secured? (white corner latches and the center black latches)
You adjust the torsion bars with the trailer open/shell lifted. Hence all latches are open.

Quote:
I also noticed that the front arm on the opposite side was bulged between the four arm bolts. This was there when I bought it. The TM has an awning, so I wonder if the previous owner added the awning and the extra wait stressed the arm on the opposite side, but the arm on the awning side is fine.
The bulge is intentional. It helps the lift arm grip the end of the torsion bar, which is a high-stress area. Don't mess with it, or try to flatten it! If you look carefully, every lift arm should have a bulge at this location.

Quote:
Either way, I am sure that the torsion bar needs to be adjusted. Is there any thing I should be aware of to make sure that the bolts have not been adjusted to their limit?
If you look under the trailer, at the end of the bolt, you will see that tightening the bolt (which increases the torsion bar's lift force) pushes the stub end of the torsion bar upward. When the end of the torsion bar runs into the top of the adjustment cage, the bolt is at the limit.

While you are doing it, you should confirm one thing. The stub end of each torsion bar is secured in the adjustment cage with a stainless steel screw clamp. The clamp prevents the end of the bar from backing its way out of the cage as a result of road vibration or whatever. Make sure every bar is securely clamped.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote