Thread: TV Purchase
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 09:56 AM   #4
brulaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCampers View Post
If we go with the Durango, how important is AWD vs RWD? How is important is it to get a V6 vs a V8? The towing capacity of the V6 is 6200lbs vs 7400lb with the RWD V8. My husband is concerned about the upfront cost of paying an extra $2000 for the V8 as well as an estimated annual yearly additional fuel cost of $800/year with the lower mileage.
As long as you do not exceed the tow rating, the rest is personal preference. I personally agree with your husband, the V6 with a 6200# tow rating will be fine for a 2619.

As for AWD versus RWD, again it's personal preference. I had a 4x4 truck before but never really used it except to play around. Now I have a 4x2 and am happy with that, but know that I'll never take it off-road. Maybe winter driving is an issue?

One thing about SUV's versus pickups is that it may be a little difficult to figure out the SUV's payload. IOW how much stuff/people can you put into the SUV in addition to the trailer's tongue weight. You might try looking at that, and estimate your tongue weight as roughly 500#? In general, vehicles can tow a lot more than they can carry.

Have fun. The window shopping is half the fun.