Thread: campgrounds
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
Al-n-Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcoyote View Post
A friend told me that some campgrounds won't allow a pop up trailer in. Has anybody had that experience? We are looking to buy our first travel trailer and decided that the Trail Manor would be a good choice for us. Any help would be appreciated. How much does it increase your gas mileage if at all?

Jkcoyote
I know of two campgrounds that restrict campers to "hard-sided" RVs - Tiger Run in Breckenridge and one in Yellowstone. I've been to neither, but one of the long term reasons we wanted a TM was so we could go to Yellowstone and not have to camp with the tents. We would have been very limited in our canvas sided popup. I'm sure there are many more campgrounds that have restrictions, but IMHO it is not a limitation against "pop-ups" but against soft sided RVs. That said, we will always say we have a TT and not a popup. Many places don't understand the popup concept with a hardsided trailer! When the campground asks for length, we'll say 31 feet because that is what it takes to set up a 3124.
I don't have enough experience with my TM yet to have fuel mileage numbers, but I'm guessing that my 16-17 mpg Durango will be in the 12-13 mpg range with the TM. We'll see.
Alan