View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #25
mntlblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug W.
You might want to look into used TMs. You might just get lucky. I was going to buy new. I was leaning towards a 2720SL, because the wife liked it. I was looking around on the Internet and found a used 3124KS for about $18,000. It had a couple minor problems, but I have them taken care of. When we looked, we saw the 2619, 2720, 2720SL, 2720SD and 3023. Now that we have the 3124KS, my wife is glad we did not buy the smaller one.
I'm definitely exploring the used market, but it doesn't seem all that robust.

I keep reading that, at least the 2619 - and maybe the 2720 - can be pulled by minivans. My research on minivans (which I prefer to drive as my primary vehicle) suggests that most of them have a tow rating of 3500, with a few up at 3800 - with the Dodge Grand Caravan falling in the latter category. I also like the "Stow and Go" fold down seating and the relatively small price tag on the Dodge. What do you guys think about towing various loaded down TM's with this Dodge?

Also, on the subject of towing, I'm looking at the WDH models discussed by RockyMtnRay, and it has me wondering about whether I'm handy enough to hook one of those things up. I assume that they would have to be installed for each trip out of the garage if one needs the space gained by the "swing hitch". Is that right? Is it something that isn't left attached to either the TV or the TT when not traveling? TIA

Kevin