Thread: I'm new. Hello!
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2022, 09:51 AM   #5
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

In my 20 odd years of working in and around the RV industry here are my $.002
* Check the roof and ceiling! (Water intrusion is the death-nel of an RV. ) Any sign of leaking water (Stains, peeling paint, separating wallboard).
* Any reputable dealership (and there are many that aren't) will have done a basic check of the systems and insure that they are in working order.
* TIRES! Inspect the TIRES! I assume you will be picking your trailer up and towing it home, and the LAST thing you want is a blow out. Get familiar with date codes and make sure your's are no older than 5 years old. If not have the dealer replace them.
* Ask the dealer to throw in a new battery, full propane tanks, and a thorough cleaning.
* Record your PDI and walk through, there is a LOT of information and no way to remember it all. Best if you listen and have a kids or spouse record.
* If this is your first RV, take the rig to a local large parking lot and practice backing and manoeuvring the rig. Can't tell you how many times new owners get it home and hit there house backing it in. There are a few good videos on YouTube about trailer backing..Check them out. I used to have a short course on "How to back up a trailer and not get divorced!"
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote