View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Bobby:

I went to yout link on the previous post and see what you mean about using one rubber grommet. OK but I would have had another problem. The metal washer under the outside nut would not fit inside the aluminum wheel valve hole. Only the nut would have fit and there would be not a good way to spin the nut tight unless it was somehow held in place with perhaps a screwdriver blade held against the hex nut side and then spin the whole valve stem from the inside.

Then the concern would be that the nut might turn later on and then the stem would become loose.

Another question: I did purchase the 507RV system and like it. I put 65 psi into my 15" Goodyear tires. The upper limit psi is recommended at 15% above cold inflation pressure so I rounded that to set my high pressure alarm at 75 psi. My 2720SD is not overloaded since I weighed the contents last year. I had an inspection done this week and the trip was about 8 minutes local roads, then another 8 on a 65MPH highway. The pressure went into the 71-72 range on the trip and pretty much stayed there. But when I stopped, the pressure went up to 75 psi and the alarm went off. I speculated it was because the heat from the wheel didn't have ram-air to cool it and increased the tire pressure.

Is it reasonable to think that I should lower cold pressure to say 60-61 psi so that the travel pressure stays in the high 60's or low 70's? Or should I be less concerned about 75 psi and move my high alarm pressure up to say 78-80 psi?
New info from what Great RV Products told me: they said to keep 65psi in the cold tire per the recommendations of the manufacturer and move the high alarm to 80 psi. I recommend this place since they have nice customer service.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote