View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
wmtire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany Dogs View Post
The second problem was that the metal valve stems I purchased would not fit on the aluminum wheel. The outer metal washer that places the sealing force on the rubber washer under the nut, the diameter of that metal washer would not fit in the valve stem cavity. Since I felt the metal washer was absolutely necessary and did not want to just use the metal hex nut to place direct contact and pressure on the outer sealing rubber washer, I elected to abort the TR416 stems and go with the tire dealer's high pressure truck stems.
Uh-Oh. I think I know what happened. There is no outer sealing rubber washer. The TR416 may come with two rubber washers/grommets. The two grommets are placed there, depending on the size of the valve stem hole in the wheel. You ONLY use ONE, that fits the valve stem hole in your wheel.... and it's on the inside. You throw the other grommet away.

Let me find the post where I explained this before:

EDIT: Here it is. Let me know if you have any questions. Customers shouldn't be needing to train tire technicians on this, but it's happening too often. I am disappointed and embarrassed that there are many so-called "Professional" people in my line of business that do not know how to properly install these stems.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...4&postcount=39