View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
Frank M74

Unhappy What did I Buy/Get?

Today, I took delivery on a "2001" TM 2720. My son brought it over with his PU and from there using his PU we went to a Truck Scale and had it weighed. BIG SURPRISE, it weighed "DRY" 3180 lbs. according to the scale. And by DRY, I mean NO WATER IN THE TANKS, NO LIQUID IN COMMODE, NO GREY WATER.
I had a 12 volt battery (1) on the front and the twin 20Lb propane tanks. I don't know if they were full or what, but they did have some gas in them as the stove top would light and burn, and the furnace would light and blow hot air.
According to the info that I looked up, the 2001 TM was supposed to be about 2600Lbs Dry. Any ideas as to why it weighed so much? OR do you think that the thing was possibly on the scales wrong. I have a Queen Bed in the Rear, A rollover Wardrobe, Folding Bath (like all the others) Kitchen sink, Three burner stove top and an Oven right below that, A Dinette that pulls out with a Twin Bed behind that. There is NOTHING in the drawers. I also have the side mounted AC unit. I have a basket on the back bumper with a 4000 watt generator in it. I think it's a 2720 SD but I'm not sure. Can anybody think of why it's so heavy? According to NADA it's supposed to weigh in the neighborhood of 2600 Lbs.
I realize that the Generator is on top of the Factory DRY weight, but basket and generator are about 100 Lbs.
rated at 3500 Lbs.
2001 2720 Trailmanor Owner (Newby)
2010 Palomino Y-4124 pop up (Sold)
Frank M74 is offline   Reply With Quote