Thread: Shower Mod Idea
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2015, 01:53 PM   #6
SamHeatherandgirls

After consideration of how we use our TM, I decided to go with my idea of using a magnet to hold the showerhead in place. Originally I glued JB Welded two iron ferrite magnets onto the bracket that came with my Oxygenics showerhead. I put a good thick coating on the outside of them as well to prevent any pieces from breaking off over time. I sanded that down once it was cured and had a nice smooth surface. I POP riveted the electrical box plate onto the streetside wall of the TM. I found the two magnets weren't nearly strong enough and the twisting action put on the bracket by the hose caused the magnets to pull away.

I went to plan B and ordered a neodymium from K&J Magnetics. I bought a square one with a counterbored hole to allow mounting with a stainless steel countersunk machine screw. I used a stainless steel acorn nut to secure it to the showerhead bracket.

This plan worked out well for me. The showerhead stays in place and the water sprays at a spot where I have total coverage from my curtains so I don't have to worry about making puddles on the floor.

The plate on the wall does look a bit out of place, however when the shower curtain is up you can hardly see it.

Hopefully my pictures illustrate what I did better than my words.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	12526   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	12527   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	133