View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:39 AM   #6
PopBeavers

Some of us need to be very careful with tire diameter. When I back my trailer into the garage I only have a quarter inch of overhead clearance. Any tire that would have a larger diameter would require that I deflate the tires to back the TM into the garage. I doubt that I could go to 15 inch wheels and then find any tire that has a diameter not more than what my 14s are.

Because I back it into a corner, within not more than 3 inches in back or on the street side, it would be near impossible for me to add air or set the rear jacks. So I would be parking the TM on under inflated tires, which I do not think is a good idea.

Thanks to wmtire's last post, I now have a list of tires to consider next time. I am sure he or someone else has mentioned them before, but I just do not recall seeing it.

I have another special requirement. Because we frequently tow an ATV trailer with us behind the second truck, I really would like both trailers to have interchangeable spares. They don't have to be identical as far as I know. Just close enough to use to get to a tire store if I have a double tire failure on either trailer.

I switched to TowMasters July 2008. Only because my local shop recommended them because he sells a lot of them to local gardener's for their trailer ans he says some of them are heavier than you would think. No one has complained to him about the TowMasters.

I will likely replace them after 3 years, whether I need to or not. By them we should have a bit more data around here.