View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesherp View Post
We found a used model we had been looking for, and pulled the trigger today. It is a 2006 2720 SL in very good condition with swing-around tongue, vinyl floors, air conditioner, awning, hanging kitchen cabinet, and TV antenna with power amp. The only other option I would have added if buying new would have been the bike carrier receiver. I figure replace the tires (even though they look good) and maybe the battery and we are ready for the road. It was a trade in on a larger RV. The dealer is repacking the wheel bearings for us before we pick it up.

We are both ecstatic about finding it.

I would like opinions on an offer they made us. Given it is 4 years old and things do wear out would it be worth it to purchase a bumper to bumper extended warranty for 4 years for $1,000? I know for the most part people should not buy extended warranties but the refrigerator and air would cost that each if they went out. So I suppose my question is what are the chances I would recoup my $1,000. What items are likely to go out on a TM in 8 years?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

My opinion on extended warranties......

Take it home and read it very carefully..........I have never seen one that was worth the paper it was written on............having said that........you may have found a diamond among all those rocks......