View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 11:12 PM   #6
FotoCEO

We've been with 1000 Trails (TTN) for quite a while. Not having any sort of trailer for the last 5 years certainly put a crimp in our usage! We joined because my husband's parents are full-timers and usually stay in TTN parks. At the time we bought it we thought we were going to full time for a couple of years. We do really like the TTN parks that we've used (with the exception of Yosemite which was very crowded and not very well stocked).

It is definitely better in some parts of the country than others. We have a pretty big choice of very nice TTN parks near us - three on the Oregon coast, one in Bend (all these are within about two hours of our house). Driving just a little farther (within a day's drive) we have many more very nice parks to choose from in Washington and Northern Cal. It is resort camping and is not for everyone.

Is it worth the money? I'm sure it's not unless you use it a good deal of the year like my in-laws. The kids like the mini-golf, swimming pools, etc.

As an aside, I'm sure we'll be using our membership after this weekend when we finally get a TM. We got the TV two years ago and it has taken us this long to get a TM. We are SO excited!