View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Al-n-Sue

Default dust issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg and pat View Post
I like the TM concept, but wonder about the usual things such as a dusty road (We live on one), and durability.
Look for posts on dusty roads - there is a lengthy one somewhere (I was part of it) that was started by a guy looking at a used TM that was extremely dusty on the inside. He was concerned that it was a problem even on new ones. He eventually bought a new one after most posters assured him it was not a problem. After talking to him (I met him when he picked up his 2720 here) I found out that the used TM was missing the wheel well covers. Turns out, the wheel well covers provide the seal with the seal on the shell that keeps dust out!

I suspect that if you drove many miles on a really dusty road, you could get some dust inside, but you would on any other TT as well. Check out what the folks who've been to Alaska say - that should give you a good idea of what to expect.

As for durability, look at the signatures of folks on the forum and see how many units there are from the 90s. Compare that to the quality you see on used TT and popups from that same decade.

Good luck.
Alan