View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #2
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

You could ask them to email you pictures of all the corners and edges (both inside and out, along the entire length of the trailer) where water damage might occur. I wouldn't drive that far to look at something that old without lots and lots of pictures. TM's of that age had a lot more wood in the frame. If you're handy, perhaps you could get it for even less if it's damaged and make a project out of it. But I would expect a project. Ask them to tell you what's wrong with it. Unless it's been garaged it's whole life, or covered, or painstakingly maintained, there is probably at least some wood rot.

Has it lived it's TM life where there is usually a lot of humidity and rainfall?

An old board member used to have a webpage with pictures of his reconstruction of an older TM. Apparently it didn't cost too much, but it took some skill and time. I thought I saw a link to his webpage not too long ago, but I can't find it. He was pleased with the results and thankful for being able to get a camper that suited his needs at a great price with some labor.