View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
pamms2

Question Odyssey and older models (much older)...

Hello!
We currently own an Aliner and are thinking of moving up to more space and a ...BATHROOM! ;-)

We live in Florida (think flat) and would probably not venture far out of the state. I guess we can wait and get a bigger towing vehicle before we head into the smoky mtns. Can we tow with our 2003 Honda Odyssey? It seems the official numbers work, but I've seen some controversy on it. We are a family of 3 (total) and we might bring a 4th person along occassionally. We'd have all the usual 'stuff' that goes along with a family camping trip. We could travel..I guess what is called 'dry'...I see no reason we'd have to bring lots of water, we always camp where there are hook-ups for that.

Next question: Would there be a big difference in weight in an OLDER model? I've seen a couple much older (late 80's, early 90's) models(one was a 22 ft, which I guess they don't make anymore) for sale, but they don't tend to have a lot of the original info available, like weight, construction, etc. Any input on an looking at older models would be appreciated.

Oh and one more...I've seen a couple positive comments about the 'recirculating toilet'. What is that and would an older model have it?

THANK YOU!!