View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
Leslie & Nick
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
Our TV works great with the antenna but wonder if anyone knows if it will receive the HD signal that stations are changing to in 2009?
I'll just pass this on for what it's worth -

I had purchased one of the converter boxes (with $40 discount) for the TM, so I'd be ready in February when the TV stations discontinue analog transmissions and go digital. We're way out in a rural area some 50-60 miles from the broadcasting city, and use a large roof mounted antenna rather than the TM's antenna/amplifier (which had worked marginally in this locale).

I've had the new converter box for a while now, but on a whim, I decided to try the converter box now, just to see what happened. I bypassed the TM's antenna, and hooked the large antenna directly to the converter box then to the TV. To my surprise TV reception was very clear and most stations were amazingly sharp As I understand it, some stations are already broadcasting digitally. Some stations however, exhibited pixelation (colored blocks) or presented too weak a signal, and could not be viewed.

I still need to do some antenna rotation/aiming for maximum reception, but based on my experiences and depending upon your location, I don't see why the converter boxes would not also work with the TM's antenna system right now!

Nick
Leslie & Nick is offline   Reply With Quote