Thread: satellite dish
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 07:55 PM   #4
viking

I bought my TM used. I have the combo over-the air-antenna/satellite mounted on the top of my TM and I use Direct TV as my provider. The satellite dish on the TM works well when you have a view of the southwest sky. Unfortunately most of the places I camp have a lot of trees so I can only use the dish on top of the TM half of the time. To get satellite access when I can't use the dish on top of the camper I bring along a tripod mounted satellite dish. Also the antenna/satellite combo uses an Omni-directional antenna and from what I can tell from camping beside people with the bat-wing antenna is that the bat-wing antenna does a better job of pulling in stations. I would like to hear from other owners what your experience is on the two types of over the air antennas.

My two-cents is that if you are getting a new TM is to get the standard batwing antenna and buy a tripod mounted dish. I keep the dish and the tripod in my rear storage compartment on my 3326 with plenty of room to spare for other stuff. I have 100 foot of antenna cord and I have never failed to get a signal when camping. Also I take my television and satellite receiver from home so I don't have to have duplicate equipment.