View Single Post
Old 10-01-2005, 12:29 AM   #6
BrigCA61

B&D, where is this location you like to go to in the summer? You made a great point that I forgot to mention... we too are in N. CA. and when we considered buying the TM because it suited our recreational endeavors/lifestyle, I immediately thought of the beneifits, primarily that I wanted to spend more time along the coast. You are right, anything there is between $150 & $250 a night, so for us that is out of the question. We have camped at Olema Ranch Campground several times. They are a very friendly, family-oriented campground with reasonable fees and very conveniently located to Point Reyes Nat'l Seashore. Not only is there not enough lodging in the area, but there are very few campgrounds with full-hookups (I think Bodega Bay is the nearest). We try to get out there as often as we can. The Northern California coast is one of the most spectacular in the world and I feel so fortunate that I can spend several days there in my TM when otherwise it would definately be out of our range of afforability. Besides, it's only about a 1 1/2 hour easy drive for us.