View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 10:18 PM   #4
Larryjb
Site Sponsor

You're right Bill. I've heard lots of those stories.

Our trip down to look and get the trailer took about twice as long as expected, so we didn't leave the Seattle area until nearly 10 pm. We were exhausted, but I felt that lighter traffic at night was better for towing a trailer for the first time in 2 decades, than towing it through heavier daytime traffic. I put my GPS nav on my tablet to tell me what exits to take to guide me home. (I don't use the visual map while driving, I just go by voice prompts). You can't believe how much stress that removed using that. It got me onto the right exits so I was able to concentrate on watching what other drivers were doing around me.

Some drivers were very patient following me at 55 mph in a 60 mph zone (there was room to pass).

To get back onto topic, I was also panicking about having a blowout on the trip home. The tires are Carlisle load C, and have been on the trailer since 2014. This was one of the main reasons I kept my speed below 60 mph. I'm seriously thinking of upgrading to a load D tire in the same size. However, I do recall reading that rims are also rated, so I'll probably upgrade the rims too. I'll see about doing the wheel well upgrade at the same time. It doesn't look too difficult to do.

2002 Tahoe
2008 4.6 Explorer
2001 2720SD

Various TM images that you may or may not find elsewhere:
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/album.php?u=11700
Larryjb is offline   Reply With Quote