View Single Post
Old 06-22-2022, 09:12 AM   #5
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Question Custom case stil uses 2 BMS units, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tytorres View Post
Thanks for the replies so far!

Howard let me know that the factory is making a custom metal case for me to make all the cells into a single battery that will fit inside my TM battery compartment. This should mean I'll only need one fuse, right?

Also, I finally won the Advanced Power 5kw/10kw inverter auction. On my way now!

I'll post again when I find out exactly how this unfolds but so far so good!
The custom case should contain 2 separate battery packs within the single box. To run the air conditioner, you will need separate BMS and fuses for each set of 4 cells. Each 4-cell "set" should run its own pair of main cords ("12v" and grounding to reach the Inverter input posts.

The Inverter posts mounts can handle multiple "main" cords on each post. Use a screw, lock washer, nut, and regular washers to hold the lugs on the cord ends very tight.

I have wired my Inverter "DC" posts as primary "power distribution" and grounding bus connectors for TM "12V" loads. Battery "12v" cables go from the battery fuses direct to the Inverter 12' input, but a 3rd cord (kinda large, I used a 1/0) goes from the same lug, as the power source for a multi-connector DC power distribution block. That insulated block terminates all of the "12v" load and charging wires (I have several things which don't go through the main fuse panel).

Similarly, I have a 3rd wire from the Inverter's 12v Ground post, same size, going into another distribution block for the 12v grounding connectors (one wire to the DC fuse panel and Converter Board within the WFCO panel; another for the Solar charge controller; another for the external 12V port; another to drive the battery heating pads in extremely cold weather, and maybe some "etc" which I've forgotten at the moment).

The larger "main" grounding wires from the battery packs go through "Coulomb Counter" monitors first, then into the corresponding BMS "P-" leads, and then into the lowest cells of the battery packs.
- - -
Your Inverter is very large, but it still might not "like" supporting the extreme loads of 'compressor start' with each power cycle of the AC compressor. It's more money, and requires that you remove the existing start+run capacitors from the AC unit - but these have a pretty good reputation: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403149743516