View Single Post
Old 04-14-2002, 02:54 PM   #5

Default Re: Trailmanor accident on rv.net message board

Sally:

I don't know if you are using a weight distributing hitch, or not. Please forgive if I missed it.

If you are, it is easy to add a friction sway control to it, for about $100.00 . Or, there are a couple weight distributing hitches with a built-in sway control. Equal-i-zer, and Rease Duel-Cam, come to mind. (I used to use the Equal-i-zer myself).

Even if you do not need, and are not using, a weight distributing hitch, you can still add a friction sway control to your rig. You can get a draw-bar for your receiver with a small bracket and ball mounted to the side of your large trailer ball. Mount your friction sway control to your trailer tongue, and pop the end of it on that small ball.

If you do add, and use, a friction sway control, might want to un-hook it when you back into your campsite or driveway. If you turn too sharp with one, it could, (could, not would), bind up, and you could tear it up. So, maybe un-hook it, just in case. Won't take but a minute.

For about $100.00 think of it as cheap insurance. Better to have it, and not need it,,,,, then to need it, and not have it.

Mack