View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 03:23 PM   #5
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich2468 View Post
I'm not sure how a toggle bolt would spread out within the flooring foam core. I'd likely have to increase the size of the current holes. I think, due to needing the "wings" of a toggle bolt to spread out, that a toggle bolt may be my fall-back solution.
If you use the toggle bolts (link above), Just enlarge the hole enough to push the "Butterfly nut" through the hole. Get your vacuum cleaner and a screwdriver. Wiggle the screwdriver around in the styrofoam and vacuum out the bits as they are broken up. Put the screw through whatever you want to fasten, then put the butterfly nut on the screw. Push the butterfly nut though the hole and you will hear (or feel) it open up. Even if the nut doesn't open all the way at first, as you tighten it, the "wings" will open up inside the hole.

NOW! The trick to it is that you may have to insert all 4 (assembled) bolts at the same time (before tightening). To aid in doing that get toggle bolts that are ~3" longer then the distance from the top of where the head of the screw fastens against the tank. That should give you plenty of working space. The bolts won't go through the bottom aluminum panel and having them travel through the 3" of styrofoam won't hurt anything.

Just be sure that there is no plumbing or wiring in the way.