View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #7
MikeD
Site Sponsor

Ray,

I'm considering solar, but I am concerned about the tree cover in most of our favorite camping spots. With the Link-10, I will be able to accurately measure my daily amp-hours and be in a better position to see if solar would work for me. For now I am using my Honda 1000i generator. By having the amp-hour display, I can just run the generator long enough to replace what I used.

The other nice thing is that this gives me a good measure of battery health. If the battery resting volatge decreases in disproportion to the removed amp-hours, I know right away that something is going on with the battery - either age, water level, or some other damage.

Finally, it's great to be able to open up the TM after a long trip, and immediately see what's going on with the batteries (again via the accumulated amp-hour display). If the fridge has pulled down the battery I can see it right away, and run the generator or conserve until I can run the generator. Particularly good if I need to run the furnace that night.

Mike

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote