View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #1
MikeD
Site Sponsor

Default Installation of Xantrex Link-10 Battery Monitor on 2720

I just finished installing a Xantrex Link-10 on my 2720 (battery and propane mounted on the tongue and not a swing hitch). About 3/4 of our camping is boondocking, and I'm really looking forward to being able to accurately track my battery state. The link-10 measures voltage, amperage, amp-hours consumed, and keeps track of the average and maximum discharge.

The first attachment shows the installation. I chose underneath the sink by the bathroom because there was enough space to work and I could route the cable up through the existing 12 volt access hole. The second attachment shows a close-up of the link-10 face. It is currently displaying the number of amp-hours pulled from the battery.

The next attachment shows the mounting on the tongue. I mounted the shunt in the waterproof grey box attached to the tongue. The last attachment shows a close-up of the wiring in and out of the waterproof box containing the shunt. I added the box because I didn't want to mount the shunt in the battery case. On Trailmanors in which the battery is mounted in the rear storage area, the installation would be easier, since you could easily mount the shunt on the wall.

Ray Caver has already posted current requirements for a number of the TM appliances, so I won't repeat them.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ight=trimetric

My next project is to add a couple of higher current and more robust DC outlets.

MikeD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0002.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	551   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0013.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	552   Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0029.jpg