View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 05:06 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisB View Post
I climbed under the trailer and knocked on the graywater tank and it sounded empty. (Gauge still reads 2/3)
I guess I have a stuck sensor in the gray water tank--thanks,
Dennis
The sensors don't have any moving parts, so technically nothing is stuck. There are 3 possibilities.
1. The sensors are actually little stainless steel nubs that project through the tank wall and make electrical contact with the water in the tank. When the tank is empty, none of the nubs are contacted by water. When the water rises enough to contact one of the nubs, it signals the gauge that the water is up to that nub. If you put something like cooking grease down the drain and into the tank, it can coat the nubs and fool them, so they think there is water even when there is not. You should never put cooking grease or oil down the drain. The solution is to put a hefty squirt of dishwashing liquid soap down the drain with several gallons of water, and then drive a few miles. The sloshing will get the grease off the nubs.
2. Under the TM, there are four wires that are each attached to a stud (screw) on the outside rear of the tank. Are all of these wires connected, or is one broken and hanging down, disconnected?
3. In the kitchen, you can remove the gauge panel from the sink apron, and see if all the wires are attached as they should be. Somewhere I have pictures, and I'll post them if I can find them, but you can get wiring diagrams online that show everything in detail. I believe you have a MicroMonitor from KIB Enterprises in Elkhart, IN. If so, you can start here

https://www.dutchmen.com/resources/m...nformation.pdf

A quick Google search on "RV gray tank sensors" will quickly turn up more than you ever wanted to know.

Let us know.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote