View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 10:55 AM   #9
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by larroni View Post
Thank you PopBeavers for your input. I think we are going to definetly get the WD put on once we find the right TM for us. Have a couple TMs to look at but they are older and after inspecting in person we may not like what we find. I have been taking notes other TM owners have posted in regards as to what to look for when buying a used TM, one of the most important for my husband and myself is wood rot since all the TMs we can afford are in the 1998 and older range. I guess if I looked further on this website I would find this answer but does anyone know off hand the easiest way to check for wood root behind the inner and outer walls? My husband is very smart with numbers and business credit but when it comes to fixing things with our cars or around the house he really doens't have a clue. haha Thanks again everyone, can't tell you how lucky I feel to have found this TrailManor Owerner's website. Roni
Unfortunately, it's very hard to determine the presence of wood-rot in the TM for the very reason that you mention.

One normally discovers it when they try to put a screw in the wood and find that it doesn't hold or there is nothing there. There may be other signs like staining on interior panels, weakness in the structure or softness in the floor.