View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #6
larroni

Thank you for your replies to my question about our Dakota. They were all a big help and yes, I got GVTW mixed up with GCWR, but you figured out what I was trying to say. haha The first thing we probably should do if we purchase a TM is get a WDH, expensive but well worth it. Right now we have towing package that came with the truck, hitch pulls 5000lbs. I have read here that some TM owners did not use WDH at first but later added for better control, so probably best to start out right than to end up being sorry. The fellow at the hitch place said we didn't need one but I would rather listen to you TM owners since I feel you know better what it's like towing a TM with and without the WDH. I was hoping I would find someone here with the same Dakota we have but think harveyrv's V6 Chevy S10 might be similiar, not 100% sure though. Looks like harveyrv tows a 2420 and Redhawk tows a 2619 so I am still concerned about the 3023 but Redhawk did say a TM owner camped next to them had a 3024 and pulled with a Highlander so guess our Dakota might do ok towing that size. If we go look at the 3023 we have an interest in we will have to hook it up and take for a drive and see how it feels, I guess the only way we are going to be able to get some idea how the Dakota performs while towing it. Thank you again Nature Recorder, harvyrv, Redhawk and PopBeavers for your replies. I love this sight and if and when we buy a TM I plan to become a member. I just hope my guest priviledges don't run too soon, I will miss checking this sight for information and looking for used TMs for sale. Thanks again, Roni