Thread: Security issues
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #4
mcgyver210
TrailManor Master

I was also concerned with security before purchasing but so far I have found I can even leave stuff outside the trailer & no one takes it. I assume it is because in a camp ground you really never know if someone is watching you which keeps even the less than honest more honest.

As for security if someone wants in a trailer or any thing for that matter they will get in. I was just curious & taught my self how to pick locks it was scary how easy it was to learn. Trailmanor has done a decent job with locks but there is a weakness in where the shells come together as others have talked about. But on the other hand you are going to be noticed by other campers if you are trying to get in this way.

Also I have seen keyed locks that could be used on the slide outs which would at least slow some one down a little more than just a latch.

I also have good insurance & try to remember not to take anything with us that can't be replaced just in-case.

I am usually overkill on security & had plans on adapting a automotive paging alarm system but since camping a couple of times I decided not to.

2008 3023
2016 Ford F150 Platinum FX4
2003 Land Rover Discovery
EAZLift 1000lb WDH & Sway Control
Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller - Proportional

http://www.hickscarpetcare.com/forum...mpSite2008.jpg
mcgyver210 is offline   Reply With Quote