View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 10:10 AM   #6
stormpeakco

Default Swing hitch in CO SPGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
There is at least a rumor - I haven't confirmed it - that the original swing hitch was invented by the folks at The Car Show in Colorado Springs. I know that is not particularly handy to you, but you might call them and ask if they know of anyone else that could do it. Or perhaps they could provide some detailed drawings that would enable an expert welder to duplicate it. I emphasize the word expert, because there have been failures, as you mentioned, largely caused by the use of two L-channels intead of a single shallow C-channel on the front. Mine failed that way, and a local welding shop chastened me, replaced the L-channels with C-channels, buttoned up the edges, and it has been fine since.

Bill
Yes, I believe the above is correct.
When the lift, rear bike receiver hitch (150# rating) and installation of our inverter are complete, we will pick up our '15 2720QB from the Car Show later this month. With the other mods, we thought we may need a swing hitch but actually have room to spare w/o one.

Their quoted customer 2015 price (effective 10/01/2014) is $728 (taxes, likely not included) and I'm fairly sure all of the work is performed on site @ the CO SPGS dealership.
Interested parties may want to contact Jeff Stewart, @ the Car Show.
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote