View Single Post
Old 06-29-2014, 12:27 PM   #1
Joesplace

Default I need someone who understands how to determine towing capacity

I have been trying to calculate how much weight my TV can pull but every website I find say’s different specs. Might have to get a different TV that can pull more weight if this one doesn’t work.

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction before I head to the dealership. It’s a 1997 Chevy C1500 WT with the trailer towing package. In the past two years it has had a new 4.3L engine, transmission and differential installed so I know it’s in good shape. It does have a transmission cooler, engine oil cooler and a frame mounted hitch.

On the Chevy website if I enter my VIN, it says the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating Cap is 6100 then further down on another line it says the Max Trailer Wt w/Wt Distribution Hitch is 10,000 and Max Tongue Wt w/Wt Distribution Hitch is 1,000. Below that it says the GVWR is 6100 and the Gross Combined Wt rating is 9500. These figures seems high but every site I go say’s different specs . . .

We are looking to pull a TM 2720SL and need to know if this truck will work or do we need another TV? Maybe someone can assist?
Joesplace is offline   Reply With Quote