Thread: '06 2720sl
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Padgett -

Love to Camp answered most of your questions very well, so I won't repeat.

The "rods that run under coach" are the torsion bars that help you lift the weight of the shells. I think they all look like they have a crappy paint job - it is because the bars are designed to twist (hence "torsion") as they perform their function. I don't know of any coating that will stick to a surface that twists. Don't be concerned about it.

The chair may be hard to replace, and I suggest you don't try until you own the camper and can play with it. It is built to be very lightweight, and has stubby legs in back that are designed to keep the height down. I can't give you a feet-and-inches measurement of the height because my TM is closed and in the garage, but I will tell you that the back can't be any taller than the kitchen counters. I will also tell you (and I blush to relate) that when you close the camper down, you shouldn't put the back of the chair up on the slideout portion of the floor. This lifts the back too far toward the ceiling.

BTW, every once in a while one of our members decides he doesn't like the chair, and offers to sell it in the Parts For Sale section of the forum. You might find one that way.

I'm losing the thread at "Has a cabinet that goes over the sink & can see a mount on the side of the wardrobe but no cabinet." Are you saying the wardrobe cabinet is missing? Or some other cabinet?

Re the discolored fuse holder. Yes, TM installed a fuse holder with a twist-on red wire. The original fuse holder was white nylon, and held a glass cartridge fuse. This holder had a bad habit of overheating, melting, and cutting off all 12-volt power to your TM. If this is what you have, you really need to replace it with an automotive blade-type fuseholder, especially since it is discolored. Cheap and easy, but do it! Check this picture in my Tech Album for some guidance.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...&pictureid=760

Welcome aboard. By the way, we used to have a long-time Sponsor on this board with username Padgett. I gather you are not he. But if you go rummaging through some old posts, you may see your name on a large number of posts. Don't be confused!

And by the way, we need to discuss the gauges in modern cars. But that is another day.

Bill (another owner of a 2006 2720SL!)
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote