View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 06:49 AM   #17
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
We all have our own ideas about which oils and gas are best, assuming good maintenance of filters, oil changes, air pressures etc the best way I have found to improve gas mileage with my TV (with or with out the TM) is to slow down.
But I rarely do it.

I've never seen an owners manual that said "Do not use Synthetic oil" is there actually a manufacture that does that? I'm just asking. Considering makers of some of the most expensive and exotic autos out there send their cars from the factory with all synthetic fluids.....I would doubt it????

Interesting you mention Amsoil, here was an interesting test comparing it to Mobile 1. The Amsoil changed from 5W-30 to 15W-40 over the length of the test. Not good.
http://neptune.spacebears.com/cars/s.../oil-life.html
This test was done several years ago and both Mobile 1 and Amsoil have been reformulated several times, since. Also the Amsoil that was used in their test is not their best oil. Their 0w-30 is their premium oil. For the record Mobile 1 is very good oil and up a certain amount of miles it is as good as any boutique oil like Amsoil. UOAs have proved that Amsoil is the best oil for extended oil change intervals (OCI). As a matter of fact, I used Amsoil (0w-30) in my previous TV with an oil bypass system and I didn’t change the oil for over 40,000 miles (changed a filter once a year) and it was still providing safe protection and stayed in the original viscosity range (UOAs once a year).

Koz