Thread: 3M VHB Tape
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2023, 01:35 PM   #23
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdlaut View Post
According to the Victron spec sheet, the peak power is 3500W. The continuous power is 2000W. Hopefully that will be sufficient for a 900 - 1000W microwave. But, I will do a test run before I install it permanently.

The front battery will stay independent from the battery connected to the Victron, except for a B2B charger that will only operate when the big battery is in float.
No , a 3500w peak inverter cannot run a 900 watt microwave without burning out (fairly quickly). The REACTANCE of the microwave circuitry (it's desire to pull power out of phase, and fit it back against the sine wave pattern) will normally require that "the grid" handle waveform match problems at roughly 6x-7x that power level. In the case of your Inverter, the Inverter itself is the entire "grid" with very little wire mass or stored power to absorb the irregularities without huge suffering from large voltage changes. Those feed back through the inverter circuitry, and blow up components.

You're thinking in terms of DC power, ignroning issues of phase in AC power provided by a s "small" inverter to reactive power consuming components. The "3000/5500 watt" version stands a pretty good chance against a "900 watt microwave", although its headroom for reactance and peaking is only about 6x, not the 7x I'd prefer to see.

Please call, this is slightly complicated if you'd like to learn all the details - although your ultimate configuration can possibly be pretty simple.