View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 11:59 PM   #1
Pennidragon

Default Questions about my new-to-me 2012 2417 Sport

Hello! So I just purchased a 2012 2417 Sport recently. Took it on our first one night trip for a trial run and encountered some issues that wanted to check if you guys can help me out with. Was at a full hook up site.

-My wife tried to use an Instant Pot to cook and I tried to use my CPAP machine at night. The Instant Pot would turn on but didn't seem to run correctly, it took forever to cook. My CPAP machine gave me an error that the power supply was not correct. I assumed if I am hooked up I should be able to run all electrical things normally? Everything else worked but those two things didn't...wonder if we get less power from the outlets in the TM or maybe something is wrong with the electrical system?

-We had some plumbing issue...I'm hoping this is an easy fix. I noticed the water wouldn't drain in both the sink and shower. The TM was leveled. I tried opening the gray tank and everything flushed out and drained quickly. I closed it up and tried it again and the water again wouldn't drain. It was annoying I had to keep closing/opening the gray tank. I didn't want to keep the tank open continuously to prevent smell or in case of back up from the sewage. Anyone experience this or know what might be causing it?

-I got the water heater turned on and after a bit of time, only hot water would come out from the sink faucet. And it was really hot water. I had to bring cold water from the shower to mix it in so I could do dishes/wash hands etc. I had to shut the heater off as soon as we showered the kids and after a bit of time the cold water returned. I assume a new faucet needs to go in...these things go for like $160-180 a piece and it seems real tight in space back there. Any feedback on what might fix it or just needs a new faucet?

-I'm towing with an Odyssey, with a EAZ WDH rated at 600lbs tongue and a Curt Echo brake controller. While driving it is mostly smooth, but in bumpy/poor roads I'm getting a lot of pushing/pulling on the car, even some up and down movement. It is really obvious, my kids were laughing at the back thinking it was a lot of fun...When I'm braking as well I can feel that push/pull sensation too. I'm assuming this is not normal as I asked another TM owner who pulled with an Ody and had no such experience. I played with the setting of the controller both on max output and sensitivity and didn't really see any difference. Any ideas on what might be going on?

Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Pennidragon is offline   Reply With Quote