View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #10
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Wink I'd be surprised by a factory offer-to-install... but that would be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyjim73 View Post
Rickst29, you choice of the Dometic CR-1110 has reassured me - I picked it out of a boating supply catalog for fit (though there were Isotherms that were close in size as well), and also knowing that TM is presently dealing with Dometic as a supplier for the 3 way fridges, I might have a better chance of getting the factory to engineer the installation....my dealer, Custom RV in Ontario, CA, seems to be pretty sure TM will do the whole install. If so, I am probably in your debt, since I'm sure they follow these threads.
Hi, Skyjim! TM would have to engineer alternate framing shims for you, and carefully study the entire installation scheme. I will SWAG that effort to be cost-prohibitive to you. (I think that factory pricing for Solar, in comparison to DIY, supports that guess; and the Solar Option also has a much larger market than the Fridge upgrade.)

Their pricing and support for the "simple discount" scenario, in which they run pipe from the Supply/Stove/Water-Heater "T" directly to the Water Heater, is probably best. Per above, they leave out the Fridge Propane "T", but build the refrigerator containment as if it were going to contain a Norcold.... and they DO build the standard vents and install the ventilation fan in the bottom. (That's important!)

They would install the electrical wiring exactly as they do for Norcold, even using the same fuse. (The CR uses much less DC while it runs, but has a large "start-up" current draw. I left the 20A fuse in place to allow for this.)

The only differences between your order and a standard TM would be in the propane supply line (directly to Water Heater), and the Fridge simply left uninstalled. Keep it Simple for them.
- - - -
IMPORTANT 1: Do not assume that TM follows every thread in detail, OR that the particular person they send to Pomona would know about this modification. Instead, print the entire discussion for them.

IMPORTANT 2: Per your signature: Unless the Morningstar is a fancy MPPT, I feel that 2*64W panels is insufficient to both run the Fridge and adequately recharge the batteries in normal summer conditions. My checkout trip was taken mid-summer (long days), cloud-free, and high altitude (7000 ft.). PERFECT for Solar production. Just a few clouds, or a tiny bit of shade (while boodocking), and you could easily find your 12V electrical SOL in the second night.