View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #70
thewayneo

Location: Evergreen, Colorado. Halfway between Heaven and Paradise at 8,100 ft altitude.
Default Took new toilet for test drive, came back smellin' li

I decided it was time to do a little camping to test out the new toilet and a few other improvements. I first stopped at the excellent TM dealer in Colorado Springs, as I had been talking to them about changing the toilet. They took pics. We looked at a 3124 to see if the Sealand would fit. It seemed like it had less wheel well intrusion than Roberts 2720sl, and the dealer said that was all the variation there was in the TM models. So our conclusion was that the Sealand toilet would fit all models. They showed me a Sport model with a really neat cassette toilet built-in. It had a side door on the outside--I liked it a lot! Waste is sealed and it uses fresh water for flush.

They also showed me the very first TM that they had adapted to have a full height sink and folding faucet. They sent the idea on to the factory, and it's now a standard feature, as someone else on the forum reported. Wish I had that as I'm 6'1".

The pics I attached show where I camped (for 3 days) next to an old wooden bridge that was closed to traffic.

Pic 2 shows felt bumpers that keep the toilet lid from banging the wall.

Pic 3 shows that I removed the head bumping header from over the bathroom door opening. When I first bought my TM I noticed that everybody over 5'7" hit their head the first time they went in the bathroom. Then on several camping trips I tested not latching the top latch, and observed that nothing bad happened. So then I cut it off, no problems, and one less latch to latch.

Pic 4 shows the toilet after the trip smellin' like...

wayne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	toi1 (Medium).jpg
Views:	278
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	7703   Click image for larger version

Name:	toi2 (Medium).jpg
Views:	288
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	7704   Click image for larger version

Name:	toi3 (Medium).jpg
Views:	338
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	7705   Click image for larger version

Name:	toi4 (Medium).jpg
Views:	301
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	7706  

2006 2619, with REAL Flush Toilet (Sealand), NEVER ANY HOOKUPS!!!
Five-inch lift, Goodyear Marathon 15" Made in USA!
2005 Ford Explorer V8 -- WDH w/active sway
1973 Moto Guzzi V-twin
thewayneo is offline   Reply With Quote