View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 08:29 AM   #1
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default Used TM specific prepurchase inspection areas

Hello again folks. I have found what seems to be a very nice 2008 2720SL a couple of days drive away. Interior looks very clean, no obvious signs of leakage or damage (but what can you tell from pictures!). Seller assures me that everything works perfectly, no leaks, easy to set up (springs seem to be in good order - his wife can open up and take down with no trouble). Says tires are 2 years old, but I’ll check the date code when I get there.

Swing away hitch, a/c, 2 Maxxfans, furnace, cooktop and microwave (which I might consider pulling to make additional storage (like i did with the oven in my bigfoot trailer). Also looks like the recirculating toilet has already been swapped out for a Sealand.

I’ll have him start up the fridge the night before so I can know it’s working properly, and make sure it’s dewinterized and has water in the system to check for leaks (I just turn on the pump and wait about 20-30 minutes while I check around inside. If the pump doesn’t cycle on during that time, I figure I’m safe)

I know the general problem areas to check when looking at a used trailer, and I always bring a crappy jacket, flashlight and maybe a big sheet of cardboard for sliding around underneath when I’m used car shopping. But are there any TM specific areas I should pay close attention too?

I’ve already paid a deposit (private seller) that I am prepared to eat if I get there and find it’s a dud. But didn’t want to lose it if it is as nice as it seems, at a very good price, and in Canada no less.

Thanks for the assist.
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote