View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 06:30 PM   #1
Firefly

Default The dream became a reality!

Hello all...

We can officially say we belong to the "TrailManor" family tonight because we just brought "our baby" home! It was a long trip from northern Illinois to southwestern Ohio...but it was definitely worthwhile! Atleast we know how she tows and it was just like you all said...like a dream!

We first found this board a few weeks ago and it has been invaluable in learning about and finding the perfect TrailManor for our family! We didn't didn't know what a TrailManor was until a couple of months ago and we only saw our first one (in person) a week ago. Can you tell it was love at first sight? ha

We found a 2001 - 3124KB at a dealer in northern Illinois via the internet. They had taken it in on trade and had never seen one before (in over 20 years in the RV business). It was quite the novelty in their showroom! It was in pristine condition and we brought it on home. They winterized it for us so we'll ge to play with it tomorrow and then it will go into storage for the next 6 months. (hurry up spring!) 8)

Now the search begins for a good tow vehicle. My Caravan won't cut it. We borrowed my Grandfather's Ford F-150 (v-6) pickup for the trip and it pulled the TM easy breezy!

I'm sure we'll have a lot of questions to ask you seasoned professionals but here's the first one:

For those of you who bought used TrailManors from dealers, did they offer you an extended warranty? Is this a good idea? The cost of the one they offered us was $980 for 3 years. ???

So...thanks again to all of you for all the great posts! We learned a lot and hope to learn much more in the future!

The Jankowski's
Tami, Garry & son Griffin (8 yrs), Raven (11 yr old black lab)