View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 11:34 AM   #9
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Lightbulb BY the Way - I set my PD charger for "AGM", rather than "Lthium".charge

Even with PD, the charging Voltage in "Lithium mode" (14.6V) is a little high for LFP battery cells. In my slightly old model, The "Lithium" profile charges at 14.6V ALL THE TIME. At a slight cost (the need for slightly longer charging times), I have chosen to set the PD Converter Section to its "AGM" profile.

The "AGM" profile charges at a lower "Boost Voltage", and then drops to a lower but sufficient "Float Voltage" after a slightly-too-short time. But, when I'm in a hurry, for some unusual reason, I can always whack the "Charge Wizard Remote Pendant" button to force it back into another boost cycle. I've never actually bothered to do that, except for testing.

AGM is the correct "alternate" choice, because it doesn't have any LFP battery-killing "equalize" stages set into the profile.
- - -
The BMS in each of my two LFP batteries is allowed to accept the entire output of the PD, with the limit raised to 65A on each battery.