View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 11:17 AM   #8
rickst29
yes, they hunt lions.

Question Hmm. it sounds like *I* missed something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
Thanks for the feedback, Rick. My 2 batteries will total 200 Ah, and what I'm reading you saying is that a 50A charge rate will be too high -- is that right? Your battery bank is 220Ah, and you charge at 60A.

The Battle Born literature says that each 100Ah battery can be charged at 50A, so if I put them in parallel, I should be able to deliver 100A of current, though I'm only suggesting I go with 50A, so half the rated charge current.

Am I missing something?
Dave
Parallel charging will not be exactly balanced, so "100A of Current" would exceed the 50A rating of one battery (and it's BMS) while remaining within that limit on the other.

However, if you're going to use the AIMS at only 50A, on the bus for both batteries, you can't possibly have that problem. But why buy the AIMS, with that limit in place, when you could use a (IMO Superior) PD? I assumed that your goal was to run higher current from the AIMS, and reduce total time-to-charge from a generator.