View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #12
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

BarbaraJ, sorry to have taken so long to respond to the cleaning question after repairs, but northern CA has been hotter than I like to work in.
I took my small 1 gallon shop vac with a very fine filter and vacuumed everything. I then went back over the same locations, but using a paint brush to sweep out any of the rubber dust that was still attached to the camper, inside and outside.
I then just wiped it down with soap and water. I figured if the dust just streaked while whipping it down I'd have to do several passes over the area. I again was lucky and it didn't take much wiping or washing. I do have some marks that scrapped off the top layer of paint, but it's not bad at all. I wiped the area again after all the washing with the Lysol wipes, just wanted to really clean the area. Since your sensitive to chemical fragrances, use what ever product doesn't irritate you.
I washed the bathroom curtains and they came out great. I installed them today and I couldn't be happier. I've replaced the missing heater lock, and the cover for the mover motor. I'll reinstall the wheel well cover, since it's still fully functional. I still need to order a replacement lift arm cover, but I can wait to do that. All in all this Yellowstone/Grand Teton trip has been awesome and quite the adventure, even with a tire failure.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote