View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 05:50 AM   #4
daveinfl

Wingedryder - I ran into a man in Branson, Mo. last summer that said when he had his TM he had to paint his roof with some kind of a coating every two years. He said that the coating was purchased from Campers World. I have gone through everything they have and can only find the Dicor products for an aluminum roof. When I went to purchase it, the very knowledgable gent talked me out of it. He said the problem is that you need to sand down to bare metal. Then prime and then two coats. The reason is that it will not adhere properly to the aluminum if it is lightly sanded and primed. The primer needs to set with the Aluminum. I am not a scientist ... so that was beyond me. That is what has led me in another direction.

I believe the big problem is the way TM installs the vents on the wooden risers above the roof. Other manufacturers seem to have another way of doing that. I assume the A/C is similar. I have not taken that apart to find out. And I have not had any leaking from that.

I know some weight will be added to the roof to coat it with something .... but my gut says it will be that much. Maybe I am just the lucky one that had all the vents installed on a Friday just before happy hour :-).
2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
with tow package
daveinfl is offline   Reply With Quote