View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #6
pnopper

I think it is a good idea to change to 15 inch if they fit. I have 14 inch rims and had a blowout on one year old goodyear tires.
I went back to good year and asked for a higher load rating and they only had load rated C tires in 14 inch rim size for a trailer. I also noticed the goodyear trailer tires are only rated for 60mph. I got a blow out while going over 60mph because that was the flow of traffic for the slow lane on that very hot day in Southern California running at 55 psi cold to adjust for expansion on the hot desert highway.
I refused to take Goodyear's answer and went to discount tires because they sell different brands of tires. They were reluctant to suggest new rims. That decision would have to rest on my shoulders alone. I was not ready to make that decision so he recommended I move to a small truck tire. In doing so I was able to get a load rate of D with no speed restrictions, but I could not get a load rating of E, which is what I wanted.
I have been happy with my choice but cant help but think I could have had load rated E tires with a 15 inch rim.
Cheers
pnopper is offline   Reply With Quote