View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 11:16 AM   #1
Stephene1219

Default Trying to figure Out RV Power wires VS Solar controller Wires Hooked to Battery

My TM cam with the 30A Solar Controller. Going to expand my battery bank by one battery to make it 3, add a 100W inverter, and a really good battery monitor with shunt. I want to rewire to use buss bars instead of connecting everything to the batteries. The problem I have is TM did not label the two set of + and - wires currently connected to the batteries. One set is part of a bundle that runs behind the shower against the outside wall. Both are #10 and the+ has 30A inline fuse. The second set seem to run under the shower and the + is #10 with an inline 30A fuse and the - is #8. Since the controller is under the sink I assume the wires running under the shower would be for the Controller. I have sent a couple e-mails to TM and have heard nothing back. If they would have just labeled the wires it would be easy. My other concern is why is the 1 - wire #8. Wires should always be the same size.
One more issue. The dealer wired the 2 batteries when it was new and they wired them incorrectly. They are in parallel but they have both + and - hooked to the front battery. They should have one from the front battery and one from the 2nd battery to even out the load. They also did not install any fuses on the batteries. Just proves a lot of dealers do not know much about electricity.

Opps, one more, I am going to put everything in the left storage area in the 2922. It now houses the batteries. I was thinking of mounting a board on the outside wall of the TM and then mounting everything to that board. Would the outside wall support the board plus the master switch, buss bars, shunt, 2 30 Amp inline circuit breaks instead of inline fuses, and potentially the 1000W inverter that weighs 6Lbs?

Any suggestion on how the determine for sure which set of wires are RV power and controller for sure is appreciated
Stephene1219 is offline   Reply With Quote