View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Do you know the weight of your solar panel ? Mine (130 watts) weighs 27 Lbs., it's mounted on the front shell along with the A/C and "I know what I'm doing".... I maxed out on the lift of the front torsion bars and it was still a little bit harder to lift the front shell.

I took the my TM to the factory and left it there for the week while vacationing in Gatlingburg TN. Ed told me that I had maxed out on the lift of the factory standard torsion bars and had opted to change one of them for something a little beefier. Both my shells now lift like new. For $500 I got a leak fixed and my lift system reset at the factory... plus one new torsion bar.

If yours is lighter than mine you will probably be okay but you will need a lot more than one turn. Hope you can use my experience as a benchmark. You may want to call Ed at the factory, discuss the weight you've added, and get his thoughts on it before going in to see the dealer.

One last note:

When adjusting the torsion bars I used an 18" plumbers wrench and felt I was inadequately equipped for the job. I'd recommend something MUCH LARGER, go for as big as you can get your hands on.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote