Thread: Confused to Tow
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
ED-n-KEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkayers View Post
We pulled an Elkmont from Michigan to Martinsville, VA with a Chevy Equinox w/ 3500# rating. Didn't have any problem. Of course had the WDH & brake controller. Also added a external tranny cooler to be safe.
Just curious.... question to any of you that are posting that you are currently "successfully" towing with a 3500# TC TV.... Have any of you actually weighed your loaded trailer, cargo, etc??
Without knowing the true facts, condoning a potentially illegal and dangerous action of towing beyond the legal capacity of your TV without actually knowing what your trailer weight is, is a bit irresponsible, don't you think?

It's like saying I shoot my gun out my back door and haven't killed anyone yet, so it's "no problem".

If you all feel that you're doing this "without a problem", I invite you to call your auto/Rv insurance company and tell them, and then call the local chapter of the State Police and explain it to them as well. See if they tell you "it's not a problem".

I personally would not put my family or the families around me on the road in that much danger.

I don't mean to be rude, but what I'm reading scares the hell out of me.
It's NOT ok to tow over the capacity of your TV.

PS: WDH, brake controllers, tranny coolers, etc, do NOT increase your tow capacity. Please understand this.