View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 AM   #7
kn1ghtus

Chilledog and everyone else about tow Vech:

Although I can't find the max capasity of the santa fe 2013 it tows 5,000 and we only plan on having 2 adults and two-3 children. The 2720 is only 2600 pounds-- that still leaves almost 50% of the tow weight Plus whatever is max compasity, I think we'll run out of gross weight of the TM before the TV-- If I'm wrong here please correct me but a tow weight of 5,000 and a TM of only 55% that I thought we'd be more then okay? Including gear/people/even uphill without TOO much problem... I've been fighting for months to get a good deal on the TV and we feel it'll be perfect for the rest of our areas of life as well.

I'm glad to hear to hear you are feeling good towing, that helps settle some fears

I will get the tow package installed by the dealership, but you think I need to do something else too it too hmm? I will look into that.

The space issue you bring up, that is why I liked the 2720, and it stills only 55% of our tow ability-- but if people think it's too big...

LoveToCamp: I'd love to become a full member,however I don't think I'm going to until I know I for sure am getting one! I'd hate to pay money to be a member of a forum and community I'm not really a part of
I've been reading a lot about the dealership in Colorado Springs and I did call but just to ask what their "sale" price was on a 2013 2720-- yeah we can't go new that is for sure.

I'd REALLY like to hear about where to camp (with google map links even) around here that are maybe only an hour away from metro? 90 minutes? We'd like to almost every weekend just throw the kids in and just get away from the city (okay TRY every weekend, at least monthly) even for just one night or two. I'd also again like someplace that we could shoot, track, hunt-- completely dry camping with no camp ground. Setup camp. In CA we could do that often and we'd make arrows and just shoot them into a canyon and see how long before it hit the ground-- the kids loved it so much hah!

CeeWoo: That is a great recommendation that I will be doing for sure, as I found that advise in other places in this forum (as I said I've been a lurker off and on for many moons

MisterP and Kidkraz: Please see the first note? You don't think 5000 capacity on a 2648 pound TM is good enough?