View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #3
davlin
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravlinOn View Post
Recently there was a "Poll" taken on the subject of tire blow-outs that had good information about types of blow-outs on the various TM's, but as quoted above, the TM 3326 has 2 axles with a total of 4 tires over which to distribute the load which makes the 3326 unique.

I am curious if any 3326er has had a non-road-hazard related flat tire and if any serious damage occurred. Just theorizing but it seems to me that the risks of a flat tire, though NOT entirely eliminated, would be greatly reduced with the two axles and also that the presence of a second tire right next to the flattening one would reduce the risks of debris hitting the plumbing.

Question: Has any 3326er had a non-hazard related flat and was there plumbing damage resulting from it?
TravlinOn, I had a tire completely disintegrate on my 3326, while doing about 65 miles per hour. I was caught in heavy traffic and it took me about 2 miles before people would let me get to the shoulder. I had no damage to the trailer, but I've always considered that an act of "luck" rather than completely attribute it to the fact that I had another tire on that side. And yes, the tires were WAY too old, which in some ways was a blessing, because after that hair raising experience I "went to school" on trailer tires. I now know how the effects of age, speed, weight, and tire pressure act upon tire temperature, which is the "root cause" of all non road hazard tire failures. We have a 3124 now, and in some ways I do miss the double axle, but in other ways I don't.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote