Thread: Nanco Tires
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
wmtire

There are literally thousands of tire brands, but not many tire maufacturers. Goodyear Corp (U.S. Co)actually owns the brands of Kelly, Dunlop, Remington, and others as subsidiaries. Michelin (French Co.) owns BF Goodrich and Uniroyal. Bridgestone (Japanese Co.) owns Firestone, and the list goes on.

Most of all the name brands have gotten out of the trailer tire market, with goodyear marathon being an exception. You are very limited in your choices for trailer tires. Since there isn't a whole lot of competition, we're kinda stuck in a darned if we do, or darned if we don't situation.

Even though you buy a goodyear, there is no guarantee it was even made in the United States. These companies have factories all over the world. I'm really surprised that goodyear still has a trailer tire available. If they were forced to recall them, I'd sure look for them to discontinue the whole line.

I sell nanco, duros, and deestones.......mainly because I CAN get them, not because I think they are great tires. My choices are very limited. I personally don't like marathons or carlisles ( they make a decent lawnmower tire, but not a trailer tire).